Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Tales of Sylvia Allan...

Principal Sylvia Allan’s visit brought some new insights to the table in regards to Morning Meeting and the ins and outs of it. I was interested to see how the students had taken to having it every morning and am definitely becoming more and more convinced every day that I want to incorporate it into my classroom as well. However, it does scare me a little when it comes to the student share/news portion when she shared some experiences of hers. Luckily it turned out productive in her case, but you would need to be on top of it every day to make sure no one says anything out of line or of dire consequences (such as abuse, etc.). I know that as we do Morning Meetings every week in Differentiations’ that it does create more of a sense of community amongst your peers. We began this school year as separate cohorts placed together and through activities such as this we are gradually becoming more cohesive as a group. I see this as a great way to bring in new students during the school year and letting them feel more accepted and comfortable in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment